Templates, Customized Safety Manuals, Procedures and Safety Talks
Why Do I Need Written Safety Material?
The Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the Canada Labour Code and Regulations describe what is known as the “Due Diligence” defense to charges.
One of the central pillars of the “Due Diligence” defense is for an employer to be able to argue that a proper system to prevent commission of an offense exists at the workplace.
A proper Health and Safety System should include the following:
- Knowledge of H&S Legal Obligations;
- Knowledge of Workplace and Its Hazards;
- Written Policies, Practices and Procedures;
- Implementation of the H&S System by training, monitoring, enforcement and communication;
- Documentation to verify that the system has been implemented.
CCL can provide you with either templates or customized written Manuals, Policies, Procedures, Training Presentations, Safety Talks or other written Health and Safety Communications to assist you in building your H&S System.
Health & Safety Materials We Offer:
- Written H&S Program elements designed to comply with regulatory requirements (Canadian Federal Requirements (HRSDC) or Ontario Provincial Requirements);
- Editable electronic documents in either Microsoft word or PowerPoint format;
- Professional Support on how to implement your H&S Program;
- On-site or remote consultation on Health and Safety Issues facing your business.
Ministry of Labour Required Postings
There are many required health and safety postings for Ontario-regulated workplaces. CCL offers for no charge the following common posters:
- Guide to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) (Guide to the OHSA 2013);
- Guide to WHMIS (Guide to WHMIS 2013);
- Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) and Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Guide (JHSC Guide 2013);
- The Industrial Regulation (Regulation 851);
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA);
- The First Aid Regulation (Regulation 1101, made under WSIA);
- In Case of Accident Poster (WSIB Form 82).
There are two other FREE documents available from MOL relating to training requirements for employers, workers and supervisors – Employer Guide and the Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps.